News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Globetrotting Überachiever's Maximum Minis

Guest Rick Research

Still mining the Traveling Museum's 2010 festival of miniatures chains, folks. :cool: Here you see one of the greatest rarities of Prussian awards--can you spot it before the text comes up? :whistle:

Guest Rick Research

And the flip side. If you were thinking "Wow! This guy must have been famous!" Uh... nope.

Guest Rick Research

And now as much of his epic story as is currently known to me. Still lots of gaps in his career... like what he DID after ... 1890 besides artsy stuff... and when he died.

Did you figure out from the "impossible" (without ribbons showing) combination what the key GERMAN rarity was? And how about that British Ethiopia campaign medal!!!

And now as much of his epic story as is currently known to me. Still lots of gaps in his career...

As a start as always Wikipedia? He belongs to the 100 wealthiest Germans of his time. Reason enough to become a Freiherr. I am quite sure, that a great painting of him is to be seen in the Deutschen Historischen Museum in Berlin. Unfortunately I can not find the foto I made of it a few years ago.

Regards, Komtur.

PS: The painting in the DHM is the one to be seen in the Wikipedia-Link.

Edited by Komtur

Guest Rick Research

Ah, wearied from carrying all those Reichsmarks around? :D

Poor old von Bohlens usw must have ben looking over their shoulders all the time!

Just think: somewhere Out There may be... his Ordenspange!