News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Combat Service Medal to a Jewish Food Procurement Officer- Super low SN

Registration form

Awarding booklet # A-826450

Freidman
    Solomon Marcovich
    Senior lieutenant of quartermaster service
    Date of birth – 1895
    Place of birth – Vitebsk city
    Communist party member since 1944
    Education – high school
    Nationality – Jew
    Served in Red Army since July of 1941
    Last military service place and position – 10th Guards Army, chief of foodstuffs service
    Present occupation – Molotov city, chief of supply department of forest protection organization
    Address – Molotov city, Students street 5, apt.1

Red Star order #884426, document #B 617995, order of 10th Guard Army #125/n from 3d of November 1944

Combat merit medal #127637, document v/u 278324, order of 13th engineering-mine brigade #029 from 31st of December 1942

AWARDING SHEET

Freidman Solomon Marcovich
    Red Army enlisted man
    162nd engineering-mine battalion

Recommended to awarding by “Combat merit” medal

Birth date 1895
    Nationality – Jew
    Serving in Red Army since 5th of July 1941
    Non-party
    Serving in Fighting Army since December of 1941
    Never wounded
    Never awarded before
    Called up to military service by Vitebsk military commissariat of Belorussian SSR
    Home address: Vitebsk city, Pioneer str. 35

Statement of a personal combat feat or merits.

Comrade Freidman worked in Army management of ware and food service – 21 as a warehouse manager.
    From January 1942 to December of 1942 he worked as a chief of base of 35th engineer brigade. For this period he provided uninterrupted supply of our battalions worked with fighting troops on Pola river (April-May of 1942) and Semenovshina (October-November of 1942). In May- June of 1942 comrade Freidman worked in hard combat conditions under blows of enemy aircrafts, but he never allowed any interruptions in battalions supply.
    During enemies aircrafts blows in Krestsi (June of 1942) comrade Freidman saved all brigade foodstuffs and delivered them to battalions in time.
    Comrade Freidman is initiative, resourceful, never lost himself in a combat situation.
    He is politically well developed, understands an international situation. He proved by his work his devotion to Lenin-Stalin party and our Motherland.
    Comrade Freidman is worthy to be awarded by “Combat merit” medal.

Brigade engineer, major of engineer service

II The conclusion of the highest chiefs

I award him by “Combat merit” medal
    Deputy to commander of 13th engineering-mine brigade of HCR major Smirnov
    31 of December 1942

Mark about awarding
    Was awarded by “Combat merit” medal #127637
    Order of 13th engineering-mine brigade of HCR
    #029 from 31 of December 1942

Guest Rick Research

A nice "small suspension" medal updated to the M1943 ribbon. A rather terse description... for what was really dodging Stukas and artillery with pots of soup in both hands out in the open. Far more heroic than it sounds...

everybody ELSE was in trenches!

IF he was an officer, and IF this was 1944... it wouldn't be this lowest level award. Just another example of how UNDER-decorated early war Soviet troops were and how deflated decorations became after the tide had turned.

I love the citation :) really amazing write up and find there Paul :)

Food is among the most important things in battle :) a constant supply that is never interrupted is fantastic :D