Hello to everyone,

I attended an air show today and took some photos of the German re-enactors. Hope you like them.

Dean

Great stuff! It is awesome to see reenactors that are not 100lbs overweight. If you have them, can you please post some closeups of the medical display?

Paul,

This all I have tonight. I will be going back tomorrow and can get better pics of the medical display.

Dean

Awesome stuff. They did a great job in recreating some of those bandage packs. What group is this?

Paul,

Look at photo #1 to see unit. Most of the stuff they have is reproduction. The foot locker is original, but restored.

Dean

The motorcycles aren't original WWII era German; they are Chinese made Chang Jiang 750cc postwar production pieces. This particular type (both bike and sidecar) was made by the Chinese and used for the PLA from the very late 1950's through to the 1970's. They are similar but not identical to the German made BMW R71 made between 1938-1941. The majority of re-enactors using these, usually over paint the bike and sidecar, replace the Chinese made gas tank, add unit markings along with decals and tags, and "et voila" call it done.

Dean, I can. I have a 1938 BMW r-71 and know when I'm looking at a Chinese knock-off. Mine came out of Poland and I spent a long time tearing it completely down, rebuilding it using all German made parts, etc. That includes Pagusa seats, a newly made electrical looom for the 6-volt system using fibre wrapped wiring and, Continental brand tyres with the correct street bike tread pattern, and many many more details. I can easily spot and "nit-pick" when I see a Chinese made bike.

Les,

I dont know if these guys were claiming that the bikes were original or not. I dont know anything about motorcycles, so I did not ask about them. I will have to ask about them next time I see these guys.

Dean