News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 565
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All PAB Collectors and other members !

A lot of very nice PAB`s in this thread .

Just want to show a PAB from AS ( AS in a triangle ) believed to be Adolf Schulz . It has been said many time that this awards should be / or is only made of zinc , but it is never a rule with out exception . Her is a Bronze one in Tombac / Buntmetall .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

Hi Don !

Just a ? . In post 35 You show a Silver PAB with what I think we call "Pillow Crimp" Hinge and Catch . Nice original PAB .

But I thought this design / set up could have been made by one of the Pforzheim makers , Foerster & Barth or B H Mayer .

Jan Arne

You are correct Jan. I've corrected it.

Don

Hi Don !

Just a ? . In post 35 You show a Silver PAB with what I think we call "Pillow Crimp" Hinge and Catch . Nice original PAB .

But I thought this design / set up could have been made by one of the Pforzheim makers , Foerster & Barth or B H Mayer .

Jan Arne

Not correct, this is a touched up picture or drawing...the flowers look like what is found on a sc Porsche badge, there is no known eagle head of his design-it seems a composite of many PAB designs- S&L being such large producer of PAB's-Not one major collecter has a badge as pictured--you show me this badge for real and I'll show you a never before seen badge...

Just for interest, from the 1940 catalogue. here's what a Steinhauer PAB looked like.

Edited by VonLuger

Here is just some thought I have done about the Steinhauer & Luck PAB . And This is ONLY MY thoughts .

1. If S&L was such a large producer of 3.reich combat awards , Why do we not se a lot of KVK`s , EK `s , KM Destroyer`s etc. from this maker .

2. Why could not the SC " Porsche" PAB have been made by S&L . " Porsche" PAB`s are not so uncommon as many says . I have 4 of them 3 hollow back and 1 massiv back . These PAB`s most have been made by any early maker , look at the nikkel/silver hollow badge .

3. Many Years ago Mike Tucker found packet of issue for a Panser Badge , marked " A D Schwerdt , Stuttgart" on back .

4. And what if Fritz Zimmermann produced the SC "Zimmermann" PAB , and A D Schwerdt used the same dies for produciing ther own badges . This would explain why we find different pin-setup on the SC "Zimmermann" PAB . We have seen on other awards that makers in the same City use the same dies .

5. Fritz Zimmermann was a large producer of IAB`s , and it has till now only been seen one ( 1 ) PAB marked FZS on Back . And that PAB looks like a very late production .

Jan Arne

(Some one on WA would have hanged my for this Thought )

Edited by Jan Arne S

Not correct, this is a touched up picture or drawing...the flowers look like what is found on a sc Porsche badge, there is no known eagle head of? his design-it seems a composite of many PAB designs- S&L being such large producer of PAB's-Not one major collecter has a badge as pictured--you show me this badge for real and I'll show you a never before seen badge...

With respect, I'm afraid I'm not convinced by the "I've never seen one so they can't exist" type of argument.

For one thing, for a number of awards, Steinhauer are just about the rarest maker you can find so that fact there aren't loads of them around means nothing. There are some Steinhauer pieces where I only know of two or three in collectiosn world wide.

For another, Steinhauer catalogue illustrations are some of the most accurate you will find and show design details which are discernably distinct to that maker so I don't buy the idea of all their other illustrations being accurate and their PAB not being.

Just my opinion of course, but unless someone can establish differntly, for me this is the correct design of a Steinhauer PAB.

Hi Gordon !

Here is one of my SC " Porsche" PAB . This one is a early PAB in Nikkel / Silver . The only different I`m able to se when I compare with the S&L catalog is some small difference on PAB . I have tried to compare with other of my PAB`s , but the closed I come was with this today unknown maker . I have about 90 PAB`s , so I have some to compare with .

Jan Arne

Edited by Jan Arne S

My Thoughts on the latest question...

Picture of S&L also doean't have 45 degree angled cut of left lower armor plate

The 'sc' Porsche is made by Junckers, HUGE PRODUCER OF AWARDS thats why there is so much around, also 'written' documentation from the early 1940's say that the first PAB's made by Junkers(and first produced) were made from nickle silver....the only other nickle silver badge is the one made by Wurster which is easy to connect to other Wurster badges.......

I believe the PAB badges we have called 'sc' Zimmermann are actually S&L,, because S&L was a major producer of awards and there are tons of these badges and the best connection, you can make is the examples of other marked S&L awards(IAB, GAB. EK1) with the same hinge, pin and catch set up as found on some PAB's all of which appear in S&L catalogue...way better proof then a maker marked packet with badge some 60 years after the fact(chain of custody so to speak)......

this is my opinion ..

Have any of the members a hollow PAB with this uncommon Pin-Setup . I think I only have seen this on one PAB . It was a shame that I not bought it when my good Collector friend in UK changed to collect LW .

Jan Arne

I have cut the pics , so it only show the pin setup . ( Copyright photo Detlev Niemann ) .