News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichs Luft-Aufsicht Gorget

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Thanks to the Traveling Museum for sharing this. Never had one posted at GMIC before, and this is the first one I've ever seen.

I have no idea when this airport military police gorget was authorized, but it appears in a circa 1937 reprint catalog from Assmann & Söhne--so before the war.

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

NO INDEED! It seems that some people, on the basis apparently of "a picture in a book" seeing a badge mark neither they nor we can "explain" leapt to the conclusion that Anything Never Seen Is Bad. :speechless:

Same mark, two "one-zers." Crickets crickets crickets crickets on ANY OTHERS.

Guess what? Anything NEVER seen is NOT a mass produced fakaroonie, kids.

And I've handled enough stuff over the past half century to be confident in my own in-my-paws inspection skills....

even when I can't "explain" something, either.

Both items have been in my paws, and Evil Ricky snuffed the other one at our last Traveling Museum get-together, but I'd forgotten this one from my offline years, since 3rd Reich isn't my thing--but where I was 1960s-80s.

Edited by Rick Research

Nice one Morten!! I hope that you are well! It has been a while!

Everything is just fine my friend,and You? Family and training 6 times in week takes time.But in Autum and winther willl be more Forum acitivity.Thanks for comment!

Best regards,Morten.