Dear gentlemen and ladies, archeological finds being one of my side interests, I'd like to share with you several photos of frames from my collection. They look really nice as walls decorations as I can't put photos and documents on display)))

Photo No.1. Framed arrows dating back from IV century B.C. to XIII century A.D. Various epochs, countries and peoples...

Thanks, Sam! :beer: With the lapse of time collecting of militaria items only turns out to be a bit monotonous and a slight distraction seems to be indispensable, at least for me ;)

P.S. I have more frames with various ancient items and will post them here if they are of any interest to the community)

Freiwillige - some unusual and very collectable frames. We will look forward to seeing others in your collection. Have you researched

each item or, are they just part of the collection ? I am thinking particularly of the arrow heads - each head shape is for a specific pupose.

Some maybe for game - smaller ones for birds. Others for piercing armour etc. Have you been able to trace the different countries of

origin.

Items such as these are one of the main reasons this non-miliatria forum was set-up. Mervyn

Thanks, Mervyn!

Well, most of the arrow heads as well as other archeological finds are well researched.

Let's take these, for example (photo was made before mounting).

The two at the upper right are dated IV or III centuries A.D. and belonged to the Alans, a group of Sarmatian nomadic tribes.

Scythians were equipped with the four at the very bottom (IV-III centuries B.C.)

The rest mainly belonged to Khazars, Tartars and Slavs (VIII-XIII centuries A.D.). The ones used by Tatars have distinctive ring between edge and heft.

Another "interim shot")

The small arrow with a hook is a Greek one (IV-III centuries B.C.), five arrow heads at the right side as well as the left one ot the bottom belonged to the Alans. The rest were used by Tartars and Khazars.

• 4 weeks later...

Photo No.3. Here's another frame from solid wood with some nice items:

- The so-called "whistling arrowhead" dating back to the end of XIII-first quarter of XIV centuries. It originates from one of the Old Russian settlements.

- The spearhead that belonged to the Alans, a group of Sarmatian nomadic tribes. This one is dated V-VIII centuries A.D.

- Genovese spearhead, also from V-VIII centuries A.D.

Hope you like it!

Your Scythian arrow heads at that time are very interesting in the number you have of them. They caused Phillip of Macedon

a great deal of problems - being on his borders. If I remember they became reconciled and fought with Alexander at this tme

period ? A lovely collection and considering that they are either dug-up or, are from old tombs remarkable in their condition. Mervyn