News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

russian naval dagger - real?

VIN

Hi folks, I was offered with 1992 Russian naval dagger with 2 belts and hangers.

I've compared with several pictures, e.g. that I found on this forum:

stamp BULAT( in RUS) on it's blade looks different from a dagger with very close # 257652

And some other minor stuff..heh

What's is your opinion ?

How much it could cost ? US$200, 350 or less ?

May be it is well made fake ?

Thanks

I very much doubt it is a fake, I agree with Nick and believe it's simply a different maker than the ones seen in other pics. The dagger, blade, belt etc, all seems to be up to snuff.

As to a price... Find different makers, see what they ask for them bran new, take off a bit and Bob's your uncle... I doubt there's a very big market for the current variants, so be conservative.

What "different makers" Frank?

As far as I know the only maker of Navy daggers between 1946 and 1993 was ZIK (before 1974 it marked its daggers with ЗиК mark, in 1974 with ЗИК/Булат and after 1974 with Булат)

Edited by JapanX