News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LUFTWAFFE DOCUMENTS AND PILOTS LOG BOOKS

Good Evening Everyone......

I was lucky enough to find the following Log Books and other documents all to the same man......

Can anyone tell me anything about them.....

Not my collecting field and also I cannot speak German......

Mike

Hello Mike.

The first log book shown is for the flight training period ( the different phases of training). The second one shows transfer flights of ME 109 in France , as detailed in the following picture ( departure St.Omer and arriving Caen). A total of Kilometers flown is certified by an officer on staff with the log book apparently closed out as evidenced by the lines drawn.

His Red Cross I.D. card in which he is now described as "Hilfsarzt' or assistant medical officer and a June 1944 handwritten change in rank as "Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier" or officer candidate for war service in the medical service.

His pilot license follows. It seems that he switched career from pilot to medical officer . Medical officers to be were granted extensive leaves to attend medical schools with intermittent breaks for practical service as medical corps members.

Thanks for showing this,

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Mike.

The first log book shown is for the flight training period ( the different phases of training). The second one shows transfer flights of ME 109 in France , as detailed in the following picture ( departure St.Omer and arriving Caen). A total of Kilometers flown is certified by an officer on staff with the log book apparently closed out as evidenced by the lines drawn.

His Red Cross I.D. card in which he is now described as "Hilfsarzt' or assistant medical officer and a June 1944 handwritten change in rank as "Fahnenjunker Unteroffizier" or officer candidate for war service in the medical service.

His pilot license follows. It seems that he switched career from pilot to medical officer . Medical officers to be were granted extensive leaves to attend medical schools with intermittent breaks for practical service as medical corps members.

Thanks for showing this,

Bernhard H. Holst

Thank you Bernhard.......

Thanks for the information..... Here is a scan of another page from the second log book..... I can make out London and Hastings on this page and on another there is a mention of London and Portsmouth twice were these combat missions?????

Mike

Does his pilots license show any entries that indicate what front line unit he flew with? Is that Jagdgeschwader 3 that I can see on the image of the inside page of the Flugbuch?

Edited by hucks216

Does his pilots license show any entries that indicate what front line unit he flew with? Is that Jagdgeschwader 3 that I can see on the image of the inside page of the Flugbuch?

Here are the written pages of his Pilots License.....

Mike