News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fallschirmsch?tzenabzeichen.

• Replies 259
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've just added one of the wonderful Deumers myself. It is one of my favorites!

A friend pointed out to me that there is a '1' beneath the left rivet and , sure enough , what looked like a scratch seems to be a '1' under a loupe. Does anyone know the significance of this?

As always , thanks for any help!

Best

Kurt

Once again? nice acquisition, Reini.

Is that number actually stamped or is it a scratch that looks like a number? I?ve never seen any markings on any Deumer badges?strange! Try taking a photo through the loop, something that I find, works for close-up macro shots.

I can't make it work thru the loupe. Do you have any tips on how to do that?

This photo is about the best I can do. I can say that the top and bottom of the mark in question are slightly flattened , whereas I usually expect a scratch to have pointed ends. Also , the finish on the back of the badge can be seen under the loupe to extend into the depths of the mark , leading me to believe that if it is a scratch , it must have happened early in the badge's life. I still can't tell for sure.

Best

Kurt

Ahhhh...this ain't happenin'.

I'll give it another try tonite after a few drinks , but Kurt's hands and eyes just refuse to work together on this right now. Not easy without a stand , but I don't think that would help much.

Best

Kurt

• 3 weeks later...