News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nazi Invasion of Canada

birkie

• 2 weeks later...

Canada was invaded! (technically :P) the Nazis did deposit that weather station on Newfoundland ;)

Weatherman are dangerous :D be careful of your local meteorologist ;)

We didn't discover this lone, un-manned meteorologist station until the early 80s

the names, Kurt.....Weather Station Kurt....

I had to drop in a Bond like phrase lol :D

Edited by Rogi

Technically speaking Newfoundland wasn't part of Canadian confederation until 1949. Apparently there were plans for a second weather station in the area but the German submarine carrying the equipment was sunk. The weather in Nfld is generally pretty consistently bad so i'm not sure the germans would have learned a whole lot by installing Kurt on the "rock". If there any Newfies on the forum, a belated welcome to Canada. Cheers!

Technically speaking Newfoundland wasn't part of Canadian confederation until 1949. Apparently there were plans for a second weather station in the area but the German submarine carrying the equipment was sunk. The weather in Nfld is generally pretty consistently bad so i'm not sure the germans would have learned a whole lot by installing Kurt on the "rock". If there any Newfies on the forum, a belated welcome to Canada. Cheers!

Well then we could technically consider Canada as a British colony (commonwealth ) until we signed the 1982 Constitution Act :D, where we became a little more independent of the UK.

Although we still maintain the Queen as our monarch, so...yeah :D We might go into to many technicalities :) so I'm ending mine here hehehe :)

Special Agent Weather Station Kurt on the other hand, has lived through it all ! Where is it's commemorative service clasp for long service! :D

• 1 year later...

I was not aware that Nazi Germany succeeded with any sort of invasion of the New World. I suppose semantically, this was not a full scale invasion in the usual sense, but it was rather an intelligence operation involving limited personnel. It's very interesting to learn of this, thank you.

February 19,1942, In an effort to raise funds for the war effort in Canada, an invasion was staged to give Canadians a small taste of what life might be like under the Nazi regime.

The resulting fund raising was wildly successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8AYPFgXzw

"Sunday Morning Almanac - Th..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

Hmmm... One might consider a conspiracy theory...

Dr. No? Blofeld? Goldfinger? Drax?