News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

92 Infantry Regiment totenkopf "designs"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, imo the one in the picture is indeed a copy. It hasn't enough detail and it is also very different from the one in the book... Just look very close at the details and you will find out the differences.

The one in the picture is probably one of those cast copys, the originals are pressed and should be very detailed in the front and the back...

Adler 1

Paul.

Many years ago, I bought the actual BW reservist 'haube shown in the Bowman book.

Same helmet.

I bought it from Joe Bowman himself, a couple of years before he sadly died from a stroke.

Turned out it was a fake. :(

Expensive lesson ................ but a lesson nonetheless.

Can't trust all we read in books! ;)

The original officer 'haube TKs look like this ......................

A1, That's great, what a myth buster, and excellent information, the one I have is not cast and looks good and will do as a filler until I get a good one, cost me nothing so a win for me.. Robin, wow you would have expected the Bowman pickle to be ok!!.......very valid lesson.......many thanks again, the hunt continues............

Paul.

Having collected this stuff for almost 50 years, I think the lifetime lesson I have learned is ..................

..................... don't rely on books. :(

Trust to 'gut feeling' based on personal experience. :)

The Bowman 'haube was a case in point.

Just one of many, over the looooooooooooooooong years.

I'll bet my pension your 'haube TK can easily be twisted 'twixt finger and thumb !!

Paul.

Having collected this stuff for almost 50 years, I think the lifetime lesson I have learned is ..................

..................... don't rely on books. :(

Trust to 'gut feeling' based on personal experience. :)

The Bowman 'haube was a case in point.

Just one of many, over the looooooooooooooooong years.

I'll bet my pension your 'haube TK can easily be twisted 'twixt finger and thumb !!

Thanks Robin, the plate had been stored in a damp basement and was in a very bad state .............it has the consistency of silver and cannot be bent easily......the mildew was cleaned of and I have now put it in storage

Edited by dante