News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of the Red Star

Gentlemen,

A BIG thank you to all of you!! :jumping: Some of you have been my mentor and I really appreciate all of the help and conversations I've had with you. I will continue to post my articles here. I am working on one about the Soviet Campaign medals.

Again Thanks for all of the support.

Regards,

Doc

• 8 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 5 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hello All and Happy New Year!

Please be informed that Russian collector's print sources have a little bit another classification of Types and Variations of the Order. They fix 6 basic Types and Duplicate type of the Order. Types of the Orders with Gosznak, Mondvor Mints, without Mint and with 3-rivets due to high current market prices might be interesting to only advanced collectors. Let's speak about Types with Monetny Dvor Mints and start with screw post base type (Type 4 according to Russian classification). Please pay your attention at the brief abstract from one available print source.

Main featuresof the Type: screw post base, bayonet is directed to the letter "O", screwplate is from solid silver, Monetny Dvor Mint is stamped in 2 lines on the bottom of the upper star's ray, serial number is engraved on the lower part of the star. All pieces were producet at Moscow Mint.

Variation 1: Monetny Dvor Mint stamped "as hump", serial nubers range is 11849-23624.

Variation 2: Monetny Dvor Mint stamped "as cavity", s/n range is 16746-453454

Variation 3: Monetny Dvor stamped "as cavity", serial number engraved by calligraphic figures, s/n range is 21315-45640

Variation 4: Monetny Dvor stamped "as cavity", screwpost base is sinked under the level of the reverse, s/n range is unknown.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask questions about pieces you have in your collections or want to have.

If this information seems to be interesting for community I'll try find another hour of free time to post information about most prevailing Type 6, awarded since 1943 up to 1991.

Edited by Sergey57