News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents,

After just posting the Saxon St. Henry bar, I also came across this unknown-to-me bar which I thought you'd be interested in seeing. Like the Saxon bar, it also recently sold on the well-known auction site. Sale price was $1,136.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

Guest Rick Research

Sorry, I just fainted.

It would be... entertaining... to hear what the seller thought was being sold and what the buyer thought was being bought... but that would be cruel. I'm around cats too much.

Sorry, I just fainted.

It would be... entertaining... to hear what the seller thought was being sold and what the buyer thought was being bought... but that would be cruel. I'm around cats too much.

Rick,

This one came out of Canada and was listed by someone who principally sells British/Canadian medals. He did not hype it, but rather let the images and his simple listing title, "1914-18 WWI GERMAN WAR MEDAL GROUP OF 9" do the talking. Am I correct in interpreting your comments to mean this is a contrived group?

Regards,

slava1stclass

Apart of the fact that the pinback awards are mounted on the bar, i would say that the medal bar itselfs is genuine. I can't assess the bars, especially the "2.SEEFLIEG.ABT." but possible that this are original too.

We need better pictures of the see pilot badge but it looks better than the common fakes. The army wound badge doesn't match to an navy pilot but overall it doesn't look bad.

This include not, even if all awards are original, that the group is original.

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

Apart of the fact that the pinback awards are mounted on the bar, i would say that the medal bar itselfs is genuine. I can't assess the bars, especially the "2.SEEFLIEG.ABT." but possible that this are original too.

We need better pictures of the see pilot badge but it looks better than the common fakes. The army wound badge doesn't match to an navy pilot but overall it doesn't look bad.

This include not, even if all awards are original, that the group is original.

Regards

Alex

Alex;

Did you see the back of Sea Pilot's badge in photo #6? Is that a "stamped" badge. Like a cliche'?

Yes i saw the picture. Yes it is a stamped badge. But without better pictures it is hard to rate the badge.

I know of two genuine see pilot badges, even if Baldes doesn't show one in his book :-)

Regards

Alex