News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

czaristic award document´s

dedehansen

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: Albert Theodor Erich (1805-1872)!!!!!!

First document is from Tsar Alexander II to K.P. Generalmajor, Commander of 13th Infantry Brigade Albert Erich for Order of Saint Stanislaus 1st Class--but the date is not on that page.

The second document, from Tsar Nicholas I, I cannot read at all--it is too blurry. I think it says he was "Major... Commander..." and that is all I can make out.

Edited by Rick Research

This from the history of the Garde-Pionier-Bataillon.

He was promoted to Generalmajor on 10.1061 and to char. Generalleutnant on 18.12.64. According to Priesdorff he received the RSt1 on 24 Sep 1864.

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

That must be when the second document dates from, September 1851 to September 1853.

He commanded 13th Inf Brig 24.07.61 to being replaced on 18.04.65.

The 1868 Ordensliste shows him with RAO2EmXaR (1861--but not whatever lower class he had with swords) and a KO2a (1867).

Minimal times as commander 3. Festungs Inspektion 1856-57 and 2. Pioniere Inspektion 1857, then Chief of General Staff VII. Armeekorps 1857-61.

Waaaaay too early for my references!!!!!!

:speechless1: Albert Theodor Erich (1805-1872)!!!!!!

First document is from Tsar Alexander II to K.P. Generalmajor, Commander of 13th Infantry Brigade Albert Erich for Order of Saint Stanislaus 1st Class--but the date is not on that page.

The second document, from Tsar Nicholas I, I cannot read at all--it is too blurry. I think it says he was "Major... Commander..." and that is all I can make out.

Sorry Rick for the blurry quality, my scanner is on strike :(

Thanks for Your translation. Tomorrow I´ll try to make a better photo and in fact it´s him.

A less than brilliant portrait of Major Erich as commander of the Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (1851-1853).

Glenn

Thanks Glenn for the photo and additional informations, unfortunately i haven´t the Priesdorff, a same I know :blush:

but with a little help from my friends :rock on:

Thanks a lot

Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

Guest Rick Research

"BV3" is Baden Karl Friedrich Military Merit Order-Knight, was it not? :o Not even mentioned! (Nor was his RAO4X!) :banger: First document is for the Stanislaus 1st Class--I can read that one, so Priessdorf listsed the date for that one. Perhaps the earlier Nicholas Urkunde was the 2nd Class.

Guest Rick Research

That works until you find your nose on the monitor screen and then.... :cool: these and a white cane with red stripes.

Guest Rick Research

Those are (as Epsons) of course perfect. The second scan pefrectly read by JapanX are the first 2 Epsonized ones above. The last scan aboe is the first one in your first post.

That date is 30 January/11 February 1861 (??? 1864--seems clear to me!) for the 1st Class and is actaully signed by the Tsar, while the 2nd Class appears to have been signed by a committee of the Orders Presidium.

Indeed the fist doc is issued to Major-general on 30 January/11 February 1861 and signed by Tsar.

Second doc is signed by Ober Zeremonienmeister (for Vice-president) and by Leitenant-general.

Interesting, that in the second doc his regiment is called "Пионернаго"/"Pioneer" (really old style ;)) battalion

Guest Rick Research

That's the correct German version too. These documents were very very carefully drawn up-- not like a lot of German-issued ones that might say something like "Gyuards Ensign Chekhov" and that's it.

Russians like FULL names, da?