News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello guys, I would like to show you a ribbon bar belonged Major Emmery von Lorck.

He was born 30.09.1855 in Berlin, went into the field as a battalion commander in Res Inf Rgt 332, then was on the Military Hospital Commission in Fritzlar, In 1914 he was a charakterisiert Major zD (01.10.1912) in charge of Reporting Office Schleiz under Landwehrbezirk Kommando Gera, where he died 15.12.1916 of exertions related to war service.

9613795857_e078182f90_o.jpg

Nice! Thank you for posting.

One correction: Paul Theodor Alfred Wilhelm Emmery v. Lorck was born in 1866, not 1855.

He received the Fürstlich Schwarzburgisches Ehrenkreuz 2. Klasse mit Eichenbruch "1914/15" on 31 October 1916 from Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.

Is there a medal bar out there somewhere? I would guess that ribbon #3 is the Fürstlich Reußisches Ehrenkreuz 2. Klasse am Kriegsbande from Reuß jüngere Linie (Reuß-Gera). That would match with the Schwarzburg award as the appropriate award for homefront merit for an officer of his rank. Unfortunately, there is no surviving military awards roll from Reuß j.L. and the "civilian" award roll I have only includes a handful of military awards, typically to reservists whose award recommendations came from their civilian employer rather than their military unit.

Nice! Thank you for posting.

One correction: Paul Theodor Alfred Wilhelm Emmery v. Lorck was born in 1866, not 1855.

Dave, you are right, thanks for the correction.

I'd like to see his full size medal bar as well...

Thanks for looking everyone.

Edited by lew

Thanks to Dave, we can now date this ribbon bar to a SIX WEEK TIME PERIOD, which we couldn't dream of when it came up back in Fevruary 2006 (does a Research Gnome EVER forget a bar like this? Noooooooooooooo.)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/5606-20-place-ribbon-bar-please-help/?hl=lorck#entry54640

Okay, that was an interesting discussion...

I have this photo in my archive with black ribbon and cross, not sure if it's Johanniter order or Malta cross. Anyway it's nice and still out there.

9627418965_fc0d23340f_o.jpg

@Daniel, good to hear from you !

Edited by lew