News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgium Leopold II Croix Enfants de Troupe 1895

Hello All.

I have what I believe is the Belgium Leopold II Croix Enfants de Troupe 1895

Assuming I am correct, as per the photos, I have no idea what it is for. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Linas

Hello,

I do not know much about the cross. I am almost 100% sure that it is Belgian. I think you should contact the following Belgian phaleristic association for more accurate informations: "SKF-Studiekring Faleristiek VZW" (info@skf-vzw.org).

Whereas for the ribbon, the one shown here is definitely the one worn with the Bayerisches Kriegs-Erinnerungskreuz 1914-1918 of the Bayerischer Kriegerbund (Bavarian war veterans association)... See attachments.

Cheers,

Jean-Sam.

The ribon is not correct, it is a Bavarian ribbon

the cross is Belgian: "Insigne des Enfants de Troupe de l'Ecole des Pupilles de l'Armée"

the ribon is the same as the one for the Décoration Militaire Art 4 with a tricole rosette

the first insigna's where made in 1895

this is not an official décoration, it was from the association of the Enfants de Troupe de l'Ecole des Pupilles de l'Armée

this cross were made by FISCH & Cie BRUXELLES

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

While talking about the Order of Leopold, does anyone of you know a medal dealer who sells an "Officier de l'Ordre de Léopold" (in gilding metal and rosette on the ribbon) with the special "A" palm on the ribbon?

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

J-S Karlen.

Edited by j-sk