News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for information about Soviet orders/medals in number ranges

All:

Doing a bit of investigatory research for a couple projects, and I was wondering if anyone happened to have any orders or medals that fell in any of the following number ranges. If they are researched, all the better! If not, that's perfectly okay as well. I am _NOT_ looking to buy these awards, I am simply interested in them to fill in blanks in a couple databases.

Patriotic War 1st Class (these fall into the May/June 1945 awards, possibly for Berlin) 2475XX

Patriotic War 2nd Class (likewise, right at the end of fighting in Europe awards) 5572XX

Red Star (I believe some of these may fall into long service awards and/or end of War awards) 3664XX and 15539XX (two separate ranges)

Glory 3rd Class 3879XX

Medal "For Valor" 20757XX

Medal "For Military Merit" (these should be long service) 25510XX

What I'm looking for is a reply of something like: "I own OGPW 2nd Class number 557249 and it was awarded to Lieutenant Ivan Federenko on 12 May 1945 by the 1st Ukrainian Front" or "I own Red Star 366444 and it hasn't been possible to research it". Include it here in the thread, or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave

Edited by NavyFCO

Hi Dave,

These are not very close (mostly not within 100), but maybe they are useful anyway:

- OPW1 #247287 - awarded by 3rd Guards Rifle Corps on May 23, 1945 to Jr. Sgt.

- OPW2 #557443 - not researchable in TsAMO

- ORS #366817 - awarded to partisan in Dec 1944 (not researchable in TsAMO)

- OG3 #387934 - awarded to an American (Ensign Bernard C. Sissler) by Presidium Decree in July 1945

- MC #2075219 - awarded to Ivan Ivanovich Rogachov in Oct 1945