News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ottoman Ribbon Bars 1915-18

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Does anyone have examples of ribbon bars from this period you are willing to share--for credit--in the permanent German Ribbon Bars Article here at GMIC?

I'm looking for front and back scans of typical styles to show as illustrative examples with the other Central Powers ribbon bars.

All I've ever had was a photo portrait of an officer which I sent to his niece some years ago.

Guest Rick Research

Yes, but what I am looking for is soemone with an actual Ottoman ribbon bar (more than one would be nice :cheeky: ) from their collection, that they are willing to share--not pictures from a book. I have lots of German ribbon bars with Ottoman awards on them, but no TURKISH ribbon bars, worn by Turks.

Here are some photos that you may get interested in looking, I think I copied them some time ago from a GMIC member LIU JIAN although I can not find him now to ask better resolution photos.

Anyway here are the pictures:

Guest Rick Research

This is the sort of ribbon bar I'm trying to find front and baack scans of--

if somebody has any to show the front and back of examples from their colletction. All I could ever find was this photo, which I sent to Captain Münir's niece. I have never seen an actual Ottoman ribbon bar, front and back to compare with German ones.

Hello Rick,

I don't know why I taught that you were asking campaign clasps in my second thread although you have written ribbon bars, sorry. :banger:

I will ask to the members of my Group whether they have one.

Regards

Demir

Edited by demir

• 2 weeks later...