News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

today I like to show this nice photo of Oberstabsveterinär aD Paul Tuche. In my opinion it´s an interesting photo because it´s unusual to research the reason of an award.

Here some infos:

15th May 1905: joined the Schutztruppe for GSWA

25th November 1907: Award of the KO4x

18th December 1912: left the Schutztruppe and joined to the Feldartillerie-Regt. Prinzregent Luitpold von Bayern (Magdeburgischen) Nr.4

Since 1914: Landwehr 2. Aufgebotes im Landwehrbezirk Magdeburg

And here is the reason for the award of the KO4x (I hope I translated well :unsure: ) :

At the end of September of 1905 a transport of ten ox-carts were attacked by the Bondelzwarts and the covering of 10 soldiers were crush down by 200 Bondelzwarts. Some driver of the ox-carts could escape and reported that there were a lot of wounded german soldiers on the battlefield. Those statements were affirmed by nuns of the home mission Heirachabis. The military governor of Ukamas Lt. von Eberstein couldn´t relinquish one of his 20 soldiers. So Paul Tuche volunteered to help those wounded soldiers. Tuche rode unarmed and only equipped with medicine to the battlefield. Tuche found those wounded soldiers in the near of the home mission. One day later the germans were captured there by the Bondelzwarts of Morenga.

This was the beginning of two days with long conversations. After the second day Morenga showed Tuche his injury. After that Morenga told him that he knows that he will loose the war but he want to be free (dead or alive) and so he wanted: "fairplay fecht tot die End."

The next day reached them another large group of Hottentotten under the command of Morris. After a short conversation with Morenga, Morris was also well-disposed towards Tuche. The result of this incredible meeting was a charter. This charter allowed Tuchel and the wounded germans to reach their military station in Ukamas without danger. This charter was written by the former schoolmaster of Warmbad and signed by Morenga (with 3 cruces), Morris (with his name) and some others leaders (see addition).

For this "journey" and experience received Paul Tuche his KO4x (see also the addition with the statement of Tuche).

The additions and infos came from: Mitteilungsblatt des Traditionsverbandes ehemaliger Schutz- und Überseetruppen Nr. 40/41 (Mai/ Juni 1967).

Best wishes

Karsten