News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown "M" stick pin

No nibbles, Gordon?

I'd say the style is European, not Commonwealth, so if it's older would tend to France or one of the Germanies, but if its newer - and the graphic suggests it is, that only means a European maker, so could be anywhere! :(

Obviously medical and the colours, barring the central blue, are red/white/green, so perhaps Italian? The letters - mangled to fit round the caduceus - look like 'R W G V' to me, but that rings no bells. Maybe one of the Italian members/experts could shed some light. Possibly a medical volunteer/first aid group? Also wondering whether the blue with a circle of asterisks is meant to echo the EU gold stars on blue.

Some random musings. Sorry its not more.

Peter

Hello,

I think that this lapel pin should refer to the Rheinisch-Westfälische Genossenschaftsverband; an association of banks and industries (the colours green-White and White-red, also match).

This organization still exists and can be found at its webpage http://www.rwgv.de/index.php .

Best wishes,

E.L.

Edited by Elmar Lang