News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Group of 10 awards Anton Kuck

This guy had a busy war!

I got these half a lifetime ago from his second wife (widow), she stated she loved him but he was near impossible to live with as he was rigid and still military like even to the end.

This was the 80s, his son was a junky and sold his medals thinking the paper was worthless just to get a 'fix'.

I have somewhere post war paperwork that states he got the DKG very late in the war and that there was no certificate.

Jock:)

This guy had a busy war!

I got these half a lifetime ago from his second wife (widow), she stated she loved him but he was near impossible to live with as he was rigid and still military like even to the end.

This was the 80s, his son was a junky and sold his medals thinking the paper was worthless just to get a 'fix'.

I have somewhere post war paperwork that states he got the DKG very late in the war and that there was no certificate.

Jock....did you acquire these from his widow that lived in or around Bingen?

Ed,

It really was half a life time ago, Achim near Bremen turn off on the Autobahn, when you approach from the East , I only remember as I was 'Duty Taxi' for my mate who was shall we say seeing the widows daughter. That left me a bit of time to explore and it came up un polite conversation translated through the daughter.

Ed,

It really was half a life time ago, Achim near Bremen turn off on the Autobahn, when you approach from the East , I only remember as I was 'Duty Taxi' for my mate who was shall we say seeing the widows daughter. That left me a bit of time to explore and it came up un polite conversation translated through the daughter.

Hey Jock, I ask because the name sounds familiar and when I got to the Gold Wound document, it then became even more familiar. I moved an old vet out of house apartment and moved him to Bingen back in 77/78 and when he was asked about the war, boy did he go off. Very angry dude, was in a panzer Regt and wounded seven times. He was pretty well torn up. His wife was the ex-wife of my landlord who left her for a younger thing, who eventually left him penniless. Move the guy to his newly built house high overlooking the Rhine above Bingen. He was a tyrant, I had lived above him for eight months prior.

Cheers...............

Edited by E Williams