News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial German colour photos, lets see yours

Well.....Photoshop possibly???......but if we never find out and they are nice, we will let you....

Well!!! Photoshop colourisations, a difficult one, does it matter that some were colourised nearly one hundred year ago or more recently :) a genuine question.

Then they used paint, now we use more modern methods, the results then and now were to achieve the same result. I attach for you to decide. :) :)

best regards

Alex K

If you feel they don't fit in with your thread, then I have no problem at all with them being removed

Edited by Alex K

Hi Dante, glad you like them. I realise that your intention was most probably to have members post "original and period" colourisations, which they were, and am more than interested in seeing them. I also look forward to see what other members may have hidden away, as stupid as it sounds, seeing genuine period colourisations, in the end helps me to reproduce accurate images my way

regards

Alex

Hi Dante, these original colourisations are a treasure trove of information for people who take old B/W images and add hopefully lifelike colour to them, (Albeit in a modern way!) much of the information would otherwise be lost. a good thread.

To The Prussian, (Andy) some really nice images you have.

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Thanx Alex!

Here a few more

Once again some excellent images, However I admit I don't recognise the Scottish Tartan the Kriegsgefangene are wearing!! Maybe the colourist just made it up?? but I could be wrong :)

regards

Edited by Alex K

• 1 month later...