News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

order of mejidje 3 class with swords and medals

trakkles

Hello,

I get a group of an austrian officer,

he got five ottoman empire decoration, two are missing (gallipoli star and order of the ottoman empire third class with swords?)

attached pictures of the three other orders:

regards daniel

It might take some time for some of the experts to reply (I believe one of them is on vacation) but it would be better to wait for 1, than have us other members who don't usually collect Turkey say the final word :)

Sorry about not being able to help out :) but its a cool set so I had to stop by and say something :D:)

Osmanie and Medjidjie with scimitars are genuinely very rare. I believe that they were not authorised until 1917, copies abound and without Demir or Asfar looking at the images I would be reluctant to make a judgement one way or the other.

Paul

Hello Daniel ,

Let me begin with the Silver Imtiyaz Medal ( The Big one ) , it is an Ottoman Mint made one but the swords on it altough they are original , they are German made , the same situation with the Silver Liyakat Medal's swords . About the Medjidie ( 2nd or 3rd Class one ) it is an Original Medjidie , a last model one probably from a period of year 1900 and later . But honestly i do not like the swords , the quality of the swords , altough the insertation places of the swords are not clear in the picture , i do not like them .

All the best ,

Avsar Ibar

The Medjidie order is Original too. :)

But easily you can see that , the swords are very low quality , bad casting , bad gold gilt , the sword holes are im-proper , sorry but i can NOT say that they are original swords .

Hello,

Avşar has a good knowledge of Osmanie and Medjidie orders and handles a lot of these during his years selling them. IMHO Medjidie has a different style then the earlier ones, you can see it when you compare the reverse. The scimitar parts shown in the thread were attached later, it can be easily seen in your last photos, the holes which they were attached are irregular and bigger then normal (normally they fit the attached part) and there is no gold gilt on the scimitar. I am also sorry to indicate that as Avşar writes the craftsmanship of the scimitar is not good also. So I second Avşar's opinion on the subject.

Regards

Demir

Edited by demir

Yes they are ! And a "copy" ribbon .

Probably that case also did NOT belong to it , although i can NOT see , i think the case is 4th or 5th class case but the order is 2nd or 3rd class.

Edited by avsaribar

• 2 years later...

Hello Chris , 

No exact info regarding the quantity .

But over all they are quite rare . ( even to Turkish receipents and also to German Officers , if you compare with the other foreigners and Germans , you can find the posibility to find them to the Germans then others  ... )

Thanks , 

Avsar