News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

List of recipients of St George cross - Imperial Russia

AlexHK

• 3 months later...

Hello I am looking for a Family member who was a recipient of Cross of Saint George, His Name is Seraphim Pavlovich.

Below is all the information I know about him.  Any information on him or places to look would be greatly appreciated. 

Seraphim Pavlovich  was in the white army, twice decorated war hero, bearing the Cross of Saint George, the highest decoration for courage! He was in Admiral Kolchak's unit. He survived Sachsenhausen after his arrest during WWII.  

13 hours ago, Tate said:

Hello I am looking for a Family member who was a recipient of Cross of Saint George, His Name is Seraphim Pavlovich.

Below is all the information I know about him.  Any information on him or places to look would be greatly appreciated. 

Seraphim Pavlovich  was in the white army, twice decorated war hero, bearing the Cross of Saint George, the highest decoration for courage! He was in Admiral Kolchak's unit. He survived Sachsenhausen after his arrest during WWII.  

Hello!

Was "Pavlovich" his surname or middle-name?

I suspect the person of interest is Seraphim Pavlovich Rozhdestvensky (1903 - 1992). If this is the case, there is a ton of information on him on the net. On the photo he is in the center in black suite next to the priest.

043_parizhskoe_otdelenie_nsnp.jpg

Edited by Egorka

• 3 years later...

Hello.
    This is a great topic.
    I was wandering if there is any info on how many women have received the Cross?
    I know about the Nadezhda Andreyevna Durova (Наде́жда Андре́евна Ду́рова). But does anybody know how many women in total? Where could I get that info?
    Thanks so much.
    Nick

• 7 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Hi!

I am trying to confirm some of the Swedes that got the russian St George cross in 1813 - but I can't find them.

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_över_mottagare_av_För_tapperhet_i_fält

I found the first book mentioned above online:

https://kp.rusneb.ru/item/reader/v-pamyat-stoletnego-yubileya-voennogo-ordena-svyatogo-velikomuchenika-i-pobedonosca-georgiya-1769-1899-g

But I can't find "Anders Fast" in 1813 that should have its last name spelled as "Фаст" in russian. Is the book mentioned above about the order of St. George or about the cross of St. George?

Regards,

Stefan

On 20/01/2014 at 16:19, JapanX said:

You have two choices

First will be this book

Григорович Н.И., Степанов В.С.
    В память столетнего юбилея Военного ордена Святого Георгия
    Типография Скарятина В.Д.

post-6141-0-82683900-1390231145.jpg

post-6141-0-57731500-1390231141.jpg

Hi Nick!

Do you know of a PDF version of this book? It's so old so I guess the copyright is no longer valid. I would like to OCR-scan it so I can search in it.

Regards,

Stefan

You will not find him in any lists of St.George order cavaliers since he was awarded (as corporal) with Badge of Distinction of the Military Order of Saint George /known after 1913 as St.George Cross) that was established in the February 1807 decree of Emperor Alexander I as a reward for  lower ranks (soldiers, sailors and NCOs).

1 hour ago, JapanX said:

You will not find him in any lists of St.George order cavaliers since he was awarded (as corporal) with Badge of Distinction of the Military Order of Saint George /known after 1913 as St.George Cross) that was established in the February 1807 decree of Emperor Alexander I as a reward for  lower ranks (soldiers, sailors and NCOs).

Thanks for the info - yes, I started to think it was that way.

Are there any public lists available for those recipients in the Napoleon wars?

//Stefan

On 20/01/2014 at 16:28, JapanX said:

Second one

В. М. Шабанов

Военный орден Святого Великомученика и Победоносца Георгия.
    Именные списки 1769-1920.

Биобиблиографический справочник.
    М., «Русскiй мiръ»

post-6141-0-92925800-1390231672.jpg

Cheers,

Nick

Nick, sorry for bothering you again  :)

Do you have this book?

I found its content list online and there is a chapter with "Alphabetical list of holders of the Order of St. George and the St. George Arms, awarded during the Civil War of 1918-1920" (Google translate from "Алфавитный список кавалеров ордена Св. Георгия и Георгиевского оружия, награжденных в период Гражданской войны 1918-1920 гг.").

Could the "St. George Arms" be the cross given to the lower ranks?

There were a couple of Swedes that served in the Northwest Army that I would like to see if they are mentioned there. Also an Otto von Knieriem got a cross during the civil war in the Northwest Army - he was in the staff of General Goltz and also later worked in Stockholm during WW2.

Regards, Stefan

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Do you have this book?

I found its content list online and there is a chapter with "Alphabetical list of holders of the Order of St. George and the St. George Arms, awarded during the Civil War of 1918-1920" (Google translate from "Алфавитный список кавалеров ордена Св. Георгия и Георгиевского оружия, награжденных в период Гражданской войны 1918-1920 гг.").

Sorry Stefan, I don`t currently own a copy of this book.

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Could the "St. George Arms" be the cross given to the lower ranks?

No, only generals, admirals, staff and senior officers.

Regarding St.George weapon see https://asiamedals.info/forums/golden-weapon-for-bravery-st-georges-weapon.761/

Best,

Nick

2 hours ago, JapanX said:

Sorry Stefan, I don`t currently own a copy of this book.

No, only generals, admirals, staff and senior officers.

Regarding St.George weapon see https://asiamedals.info/forums/golden-weapon-for-bravery-st-georges-weapon.761/

Best,

Nick

Yes, now I understand - thanks  🙂

Really good site 👍 

/Stefan