News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Excellent MVD Border Guard badge

Hi all,

I already put that badge up on sale here but just to be sure that it is fair deal for fellow collectors, I stick it up here as well for discussion.

Like I understand it is short period in use MVD Excellent Boarder Guard badge from 1950s?

Unfortunately enamel is gone and star is sanded down on the top. Why someone likes to do that???? Rest of the enamel is in place. Screw post and the disk looks like are original ones without any messing.

Any ideas boys and girls?

229629330f2c97_o.jpg

22962935454ccd_o.jpg

Like I understand it is short period in use MVD Excellent Boarder Guard badge from 1950s?

Yes, this type (with MVD inscription) was in use between 1953 and 1957.

The badge itself was introduced on April 29, 1949.

This design was in use until 1964.

Original statute

ПОЛОЖЕНИЕ О НАГРУДНОМ ЗНАКЕ "Отличный пограничник"

Нагрудной знак "Отличный пограничник" является наградой для лиц рядового, сержантского и старшинского состава пограничных войск.

Нагрудным знаком "Отличный пограничник" награждаются солдаты, матросы, сержанты и старшины пограничных войск за образцовое несение службы по охране государственной границы за умелые действия по задержанию нарушителей границы и проявленное при этом смелость и настойчивость, за добросовестное отношение к выполнению воинского долга, высокие показатели в боевой, политической подготовке и примерную дисциплину.

Знаком "Отличный пограничник" военнослужащие могут награждаться неоднократно.

Нагрудный знак "Отличный пограничник" носится на правой стороне груди, ниже орденов и первым по отношению к другим знакам отличия.

Награжденный знаком "Отличный пограничник" должен служить образцом примерности в службе, учебе и дисциплине.

Военнослужащие, награжденные знаком "Отличный пограничник" пользуются преимущественным правом приема в военные училища войск МВД. Военнослужащие с четырехлетним сроком службы, награжденные знаком "Отличный пограничник" на третьем году службы имеют право получения вне очереди полагающегося им краткосрочного отпуска.

Нагрудный знак "Отличный пограничник" награжденным вручается командиром части перед строем. О награждении объявляется приказом по части и заносится в служебную книжку военнослужащего.

I presume that this is one of the most common Shock worker's badges?

Also interesting leaflet for Lenin's 85th birth anniversary party from 1955.

22976291b72d7d_o.jpg

22976293cefff0_o.jpg

2297629546015f_l.jpg

PS: That MVD badge has to move. So, I list it to the eBay due to lack of interest here. If still someone would like it from here, I add that shock worker's badge as well free.

Edited by Noor

I presume that this is one of the most common Shock worker's badges?

22976291b72d7d_o.jpg

Yep.

Udarnik of Communist labor.

Not that rare early variation of the badge that (allegedly) was issued for Latvia.

Sometimes they refer to this badge simply as "type 1959".