News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW-1 Militärpaß & Soldbuch for WW-2 Generalmajor

Recently I posted the WW-2 Soldbuch for Generalmajor Georg Seegers in the TR Document section ( Seegers Soldbuch ). Along with the WW-2 Soldbuch I also obtained his WW-1 Militärpaß & Soldbuch so I thought that I would post the images of them here. Being solely a collector of WW-2 related paperwork I am unfamiliar with the WW-1 versions.

As can be seen from the WW-2 Soldbuch, he was awarded the EK 2 Spange in June 1941. I have contacted NARA with regards to obtaining a copy of his files (if they hold them) so if they have anything hopefully it will shed some light on when he won the EK II.

As can be seen from the WW-2 Soldbuch, he was awarded the EK 2 Spange in June 1941. I have contacted NARA with regards to obtaining a copy of his files (if they hold them) so if they have anything hopefully it will shed some light on when he won the EK II.

I have seen it before were an award was never entered into the Militaerpass

Would you please tell us more about obtaining such files? Is it necessary to prove any relations with a person we are researching? Any fees involved?

Thanks!

Would you please tell us more about obtaining such files? Is it necessary to prove any relations with a person we are researching? Any fees involved?

Thanks!

The link below will tell you all you need to know. You don't have to be a relative etc. I believe they charge around 80cents per page but I am still waiting to hear back from them as to what they have got (or haven't got). I asked for file details on 3 officers so it may take a couple of weeks for them to get back to me as to whether they have anything or not and what the total cost will be if I proceed with obtaining copies.

NARA

• 2 months later...

Very recently I was able to obtain a photo album of Georg Seegers and just thought that I would attach two images of him dating from 1917 while serving with IR 77.

Edited by hucks216

Interesting that as a Fahnenjunker he was issued a Signalpfeife. I assume that the Trageschlaufen are the belt loops with rings that are worn for attaching the Tornister straps when cartridge pouches are not worn. One wonders why he would not be issued cartridge pouches.

Chip

Hucks,

Before I was turffed from WAF there was a post about stolen IR77 stuff, it was posted in the appropriate forum and I commented that I would watch out for any local stuff (IR77), don't know if you are able to cross reference your items just in case, you never know these days, you can never be too vidulant.

I am sure it is not related but I can't check myself.

Best Regards

Jock:)

Hucks,

Before I was turffed from WAF there was a post about stolen IR77 stuff, it was posted in the appropriate forum and I commented that I would watch out for any local stuff (IR77), don't know if you are able to cross reference your items just in case, you never know these days, you can never be too vidulant.

I am sure it is not related but I can't check myself.

Best Regards

There doesn't seem to be anything that flags up on various searches on WAF. The Seegers' group has been on the market numerous times in the past few years.

Hucks,

It was just a thought as I can't remember what was on the list, community board stolen items heading or such like?

I remember only that there were a few bits, no worries.

I said I would keep an eye out for the lad that was all and it only caught my eye in the first place as it was local stuff that was nicked.

Cheers

• 3 months later...