News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FAR Major's jacket - ca. 1975

Riker87

Yesterday my second Major's jacket of the FAR received. It's from the mid 70's (the time when Cuba introduced the new soviet rank insignia's system). The cut is extensive the same like uniform jackets from the 60's (look my jacket of 1965). Only a few changes. For example this jacket has no stripes on sleeves and the pockets have no press buttons. The epaulettes are sewed.

SDC12453_zps7dbd1c5b.jpg

SDC12465_zpsff4532ad.jpg

SDC12463_zpsd134c2fc.jpg

And here are another epaulettes (possible for the field uniform).

SDC12467_zps9c48f717.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Serious major. Was in Angolian war!

Ribbon bar from left to right:

1. 20 years FAR

2. For defense of Cuito Cuanavale (RARE)! War in Angola.

3. For service in the FAR (10 years of service).

Fantastic item!

Maybe yes, but it should have black edges to the ribbon if its a Cuito Cuanavale and would be first on the bar being higher in precedance.

I would tip a reversed 30 year ani ribbon, not unusual to see mixed up cuban ribbons.

Regards Eddie

Edited by Taz

As in soviet style the precedence would be, from left to right as you look, Medalla Conmemorativa "XX Anniversario de FAR" , Medalla Conmemorativa "30 Anniversario de FAR" and then Distinción "Por el Servicio en las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias" (10 years)

First issued commemerative medals are always first on ribbon bars if mounted correctly.

Regards Eddie

Eddi is right, the ribbon bar in the middle is the "Medalla Conmemorativa 30 Anniversario de las FAR".

"First issued commemerative medals are always first on ribbon bars if mounted correctly."

That's correct, but Cubans aren't so strict in these things like the red Prussians. ;)

@ Paul:

Thanks. The next february I fly to Cuba, Let's see what I can get in my hands. :jumping: