News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

Assuming the set is original, it was awarded to German Alekseyevich Alekseyev (1922-1977):

http://www.warheroes.ru/hero/hero.asp?Hero_id=14343

Some guys say that this 2311 was issued in 1985 as a replacement for 2nd 3rd class.

Seller ordered "probivka" ....

Let`s wait ;)

BLUF: This appears to be a legitimate Category 7 (see post #1 this thread) Full Cavalier set.

Ferdinand,

I can confirm the serial numbers as accurate for the OGI and OGII. OGIII s/n is also likely good as its first four numbers correspond with Soviet archive material.

As for the orders themselves, both the OGI and OGII look good to me. Other than the s/n discrepancy (which I think is likely an admin recording error in his archive paperwork), the OGIII also looks good.

JapanX,

You are correct. He was erroneously awarded two OGIIIs. One of his two OGIIIs was exchanged for his OGI (s/n 2311) on August 19th, 1955.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 4 weeks later...

Available at auction during the January 9th, 2014 "The New York Sale." Opening bid is set at $7,500.00.

The OGI seen in post #442 above sold for $6,000.00 at the New York Sale auction held on January 8th, 2014.

Interesting price gap :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Currently available at a well-known NYC-area dealer. A single/loose OGII as issued to a Full Cavalier. Price: $1,200.00.

There is an interesting backstory here. The OGI to this same Full Cavalier was stolen from another well-known NYC-area dealer back on August 8th, 2002. Last I knew, the stolen OGI was never recovered. At that time, the dealer offered a $100,000.00 reward for the recovery of the orders, medals, antiques and coins stolen during the armed robbery.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

On the eve of this thread marking its eighth anniversary, I'd like to thank everyone for your contributions that have made it the excellent resource it is. Judging from its 466 replies to date (first in that category) and position as the third most-viewed thread in this sub-forum, forum members and guests alike clearly value its content.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 5 weeks later...

Gents,

A nice Category 6 (see post #1 this thread) Full Cavalier set currently for sale at the well-known NYC-area dealer. Asking price is $18,500.00. This is the first time he has offered this set.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

With no takers to date, the price on this Full Cavalier set (post #359 above) has been cut to $17,600.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass