News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

Hi all,

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but Slava1stclass gave me permission to post this here. I'm trying to get in touch with Christian Zulus urgently but no luck through PM. Is there somebody here who might be able to help?

Thanks

Jan

Gents,

This OGII to a Full Cavalier is currently available on the well-known auction site for a BIN price of $1,500.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

At least this seller is adjusting his pricing in a more realistic manner (see post #497 above).  He just relisted it at $1,100.00 given it hasn't sold to date.  There is something to said for market economics.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

At least this seller is adjusting his pricing in a more realistic manner (see post #497 above).  He just relisted it at $1,100.00 given it hasn't sold to date.  There is something to said for market economics.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gents,

Price has dropped another $100.00 to $1,000.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 1 month later...

Gents,

Price has dropped another $100.00 to $1,000.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

​Gents,

His current BIN price has dropped to $900.00.  Other than this Full Cavalier OGII, the market in the West has been absolutely bereft of any Full Cavalier offerings for many, many months. 

The heady days of the mid-1990s to early 2000s when Full Cavalier sets and loose Full Cavalier OGs could be found at every turn are but a memory today.

Regards,

slava1stclass  

• 2 weeks later...

​Gents,

His current BIN price has dropped to $900.00.  Other than this Full Cavalier OGII, the market in the West has been absolutely bereft of any Full Cavalier offerings for many, many months. 

The heady days of the mid-1990s to early 2000s when Full Cavalier sets and loose Full Cavalier OGs could be found at every turn are but a memory today.

Regards,

slava1stclass  

​Gents,

He recently slashed it another $100.00 to $800.00 BIN.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hope this is relevant. OG group german Ebay

jay

​Jan,

Unfortunately, this group isn't relevant to this thread for a couple of reasons:  1) it is not a Full Cavalier-related group and 2) I question its originality.  It's never a good sign when the seller doesn't include an image of the award booklet page with the awardee's name.  That fact, combined with what to me appear to be a questionable OGII order as well as shaky award entries (the final two in the booklet), are enough to cause a knowledgeable collector to steer clear.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

Edited by slava1stclass

​Jan,

Unfortunately, this group isn't relevant to this thread for a couple of reasons:  1) it is not a Full Cavalier-related group and 2) I question its originality.  It's never a good sign when the seller doesn't include an image of the award booklet page with the awardee's name.  That fact, combined with what to me appear to be a questionable OGII order as well as shaky award entries (the final two in the booklet), are enough to cause a knowledgeable collector to steer clear.

Regards,

slava1stclass

​The awardees name/photo is on the last picture of the listing, you have to click the arrow but it is there, about 15 photos in. The recipients photo definatley doesn't appear to be "standard" issue.

Edited by Rogi

​The awardees name/photo is on the last picture of the listing, you have to click the arrow but it is there, about 15 photos in. The recipients photo definatley doesn't appear to be "standard" issue.

​Gents,

The seller edited/updated his eBay listing - "Letzte Aktualisierung am  11. Mai. 2015 23:02:44 MESZ" adding an image of the identity page after my original post above.  The identity page was not originally included.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

​Jan,

It's never a good sign when the seller doesn't include an image of the award booklet page with the awardee's name. 

Regards,

slava1stclass 

​Gents,

As expected, this "group" is bogus.  There is not a single award entry on file for anyone bearing that name.  As I suggested, not providing an image of the identity page is a bad sign.  In posting an identity page image of a bogus "group" (as this seller eventually did), knowledgeable collectors can simply confirm what they suspected at the outset.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Gents,

Currently available at the well-known NYC-area dealer.  Asking price is $10,500.00.  It is the first Full Cavalier-related OGI he's had for sale in well over a year. 

This OGI was issued in March 1956 to replace an erroneous wartime double OGIII award.

Regards,

slava1stclass

t2382i1.jpg

t2382yz.jpg

Gents,

This Category 1 Full Cavalier set to Ivan Tikhonovich Rubezhniy sold at auction in the U.S. on July 17th, 2014. Sale price was $7,000.00.

What is especially cool about this set is the fact the OGIII and OGI serial numbers match - legitimately so. Go figure the odds on that!

Regards,

slava1stclass

post-1011-0-26185000-1414518388.jpg

post-1011-0-93214200-1414518412.jpg

post-1011-0-00113600-1414518430.jpg

post-1011-0-58508800-1414518452.jpg

post-1011-0-63763500-1414518474.jpg

Gents,

Since my original post last year, this Category 1 Full Cavalier set made its way back east across the big pond.  It will be available via an online auction from 7-10 October 2015 out of an auction house based in Riga, Latvia.  It is unclear what the opening bid is set at. 

A current image is attached.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

RL.jpg

Gents,

Since my original post last year, this Category 1 Full Cavalier set made its way back east across the big pond.  It will be available via an online auction from 7-10 October 2015 out of an auction house based in Riga, Latvia.  It is unclear what the opening bid is set at. 

A current image is attached.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

Well, it was a close call but I didn't manage to buy this set. In the end it went for $11,135+10%=apx $12,200! Should have bought it at the previous US auction...

Well, it was a close call but I didn't manage to buy this set. In the end it went for $11,135+10%=apx $12,200! Should have bought it at the previous US auction...

USSR,

Thank you for the post-auction wrap up.  All things considered (see below), that seems like a reasonable price.

One thing I overlooked/neglected to mention is that while the OGIII's serial number is identical to the OGI's - purely coincidence - the OGIII itself is likely a piece whose original serial number was eradicated and the 2907 serial number added in order to complete the set.  It is unclear whether the Full Cavalier himself did this while still alive or whether it was done once the set changed hands. In any event, the Full Cavalier booklet, OGI and OGII are unaltered originals to this set.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Well, I had my doubts as well about the 3rd class but since you are reconfirming my suspicions, I am glad (or better put: a bit less disappointed) about not 'winning' the auction ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...