News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified Indian Wing

This wing was shown at a recent Militaria Club meeting and we are seeking any information that we can find on it. Recently purchased in India but the vendor had not information on it. The back is plain without maker mark. Just two posts and push on devices to hold it in place. Anyone have any clues?

Regards,

Gordon

Thanks for your comments folks. I have done some research and India has followed the British practice of using a full wing for pilots and a half wing for air crew in the past. Here are some examples.

It never occurred to me to look at India police. The Indian police are really a paramilitary force and I suspect they follow the British practices as well but it is another place to look.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Hi Gordon

It is an Air India Flight Purser's half wing. The IAF never wears metallic or plastic wings.

Got my info from over on SAGongs.

Hope it helps

:cheers:

Larry

Larry,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the wing. What exactly is SAGongs? Perhaps you could post a link th where you found the wing.

Regards,

Gordon

Larry,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the wing. What exactly is SAGongs? Perhaps you could post a link th where you found the wing.

Regards,

Gordon

Hello Gordon

As the OP, I figured you have the wing.........

SAGongs is South Asia Gongs, Ed Haynes forum

http://sagongs.ipbhost.com/index.php?

And here is the link to my request for ID.

http://sagongs.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5304&hl=

Larry

Larry,

Thanks but I am not a member of South Asia Gongs so I can not get past the log in. I tried to sign on as a member but it keeps coming back saying that I have got the date of independance wrong. Who's independence? U.S.A., India? Since I am a Canadian I don't have an Independance Day. I could give you the date we repatriated the British North American act if that will do.

Regards,

Gordon

Larry,

I should have followed my own inclination and entered 1947 which is the year of India/Pakistan partition. I attended the Independence Day parade when I lived in Delhi and it should have been the obvious pick. I am a member now although I don't have much to add to the discussions there. I suppose I could post my Grand Star of Azad Hind.

Regards,

Gordon

Larry,

I should have followed my own inclination and entered 1947 which is the year of India/Pakistan partition. I attended the Independence Day parade when I lived in Delhi and it should have been the obvious pick. I am a member now although I don't have much to add to the discussions there. I suppose I could post my Grand Star of Azad Hind.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon

Glad it got sorted out. I will admit I mostly visit there when I want some info.

Lucky you, India is on my bucket list of places I want to visit. Been wanting to go there since I was a kid.

Larry