News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BARBADOS: ORDER OF THE DOLPHIN?

Megan !

I'm flattered that you want my name! What a very public proposal! But I'm already very happily married!

I'm always a very private person about putting my name out online.......so you'll have to keep guessing as to what my surname is.

Kind regards

Graeme McLeod

• 2 weeks later...

Still plugging away at these... have found reference to Barbados Defence Forces Meritorious Service Cross, Meritorious Service Star and Meritorious Service Medal - but only on Jean-Paul LeBlanc's old website, where he says that he has the relevant ribbons in his collection. Has anyone heard of these?

The Meritorious Service Cross has been awarded on one occasion only to Sir Harry Blackman KA, MSC, MVO. The Meritorious Service Star does not seem to have been awarded while the MSM is awarded regularly and is open to all ranks, it can be awarded for operational and non- operational service.

I think it was awarded after Grenada. i have a description in a document i am compiling but no image as yet I hope to have the document on Barbados awards complete towards mid-february. I will email you a copy when complete Megan

• 4 weeks later...

All known i think.

GOLD CROWN OF MERIT

For highly meritorious service or achievement in science, the arts, literature, sports, civic duties or any other endeavour worthy of national recognition.

SILVER CROWN OF MERIT

For meritorious service or achievement in science, the arts, literature, sports, civic duties or any other endeavour worthy of national recognition.

BARBADOS SERVICE STAR

For meritorious work in the civil, fire, military, police, prison or other protective services or any other similar field of endeavour.

BARBADOS SERVICE MEDAL

For meritorious work in the civil, fire, military, police, prison or other protective services or any other similar field of endeavour.

BARBADOS BRAVERY MEDAL

For acts of bravery in hazardous circumstances.

Edited by Taz