News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chris,

I'm guessing that the Leiberring was a wartime thing and not given by the association in the postwar period. I recall seeing a Sterbebild with a mention of the ring.

Chip

The Ring is my dream... it was exclusively for people who had a certain amount of real combat time (I think it was 24 months? I forget... when i am back near my books I can look)... I would kill for an other ranks one, and kill twice for an officers one (Have not even seen a pic of the latter!!!)

Hi Andreas,

in the Leiber History it says

Für die Offiziere wurde der Ring in etwas andere Ausführung geschaffen. Der von professor Schegerle modellierte silberne Ring zeigt einen Löwenkopf. Innen ist der Ring vergoldet und trägt das Monogram ILR.

It seems it was for just under 60 officers.

Hello,

here is a postcard of the 100 aniversary of the Leibregiment.

The picture shows the uniforms of the beginning.

Look at the stamp, it is from the "Leiberverein Aschaffenburg".

Look at the guy to the left in the picture... He looks like a French Foreign Legion sapper with his beard, apron, and axe...

• 7 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...