News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon shortage in Russia?

TacHel

Can anybody shed some light on this?

On the left is the Medal "For Merit in Upholding the Memory of Fallen Defenders of the Homeland" (Медаль «За Заслуги В Увековечении Памяти Погибших Защитников Отечества») established on 4 December 2007 by ministerial order 55.

On the right is the more recent Medal "200 Years of Road Construction Troops" (Медаль «200 лет дорожным войскам») established in 2012 by ministerial order 2929.

So I ask, why are both hanging from the same ribbon??? Every single search shows this ribbon for both. BUT, I have NOT yet been able to find the actual order 2929.

Same thing here...

On the left is the Commemorative Badge "For Service in Military Communications Units" (Памятный знак «За службу в органах военных сообщений») established in 2008 by ministerial order 110.

On the right is the Commemorative Badge "200 Years of the Military Topographic Department of the General Staff" (Памятный знак «200 лет Военно-топографическому управлению Генерального штаба») established on 18 November 2011 by ministerial order 2244.

I remember finding one of these 2 orders but can't find it anymore... Again, same ribbon...

And now they issue a medal for participation in an exercise (confirmed), and hang it from the same ribbon as the Medal "Army General Khrulev" (Медаль «Генерал Армии Хрулёв»)

Medal "Strategic Command-Staff Exercise Caucasus 2012" (Медаль «Стратегическое командно-штабное учение Кавказ 2012») established in 2012 by ministerial order 2828.

Edited by TacHel

I know bud... Look at the history of that page... I did most of it.

I was soooooooo hoping you'd find the other ministerial orders and inform me they're hanging from the wrong ribbon... :unsure:

Edited by TacHel

I understand when the FSB might wish to restrict some departmental order, even dealing with an award in case some of the prerequisites might be a bit hard to swallow to the faint of heart... But why in H... are the MVD and MO RF not publishing so many of the orders dealing with ODMs? Makes no friggin sense!

I'll bet a good percentage of Russian soldiers receiving awards don't even know what they are and have to turn to ru.wikipedia to find out! "IF" it's there...

• 4 weeks later...

I found ministerial order 2244 of 18 November 2011 (200 Years of the Military Topographical Department of the General Staff), the ribbon on the photo is correct.

Now to find order 110 from 2008...

• 1 month later...