News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...
    • 8 years later...

I agree with everything Streptile and VtwinVince said, but it's noteworthy this seems to be the small sized medal that was called Kriegerverdienstmedaille. A Prussian "Kriegsverdienstmedaille", as TacHel did name it in the header, never existed.

However, whoever made this lower quality replacement piece mixed things up, as we often do, and used the design of the Militär-Ehrenzeichen II. Klasse. That's the big one, a bravery award mostly awarded to Prussian soldiers.

This Kriegerverdienstmedaille, on the other hand, was both a peace and war time award, mainly given to foreign (non-Prussian!) soldiers and even as a bravery award to Native soldiers and policemen in the colonies.

Edited by saschaw

• 1 month later...

https://translated.turbopages.org/proxy_u/en-ru.ru.736df0c6-62341992-d2b63048-74722d776562/https/kaiserreich.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_German_colonial_possessions

Germany had colonies, albeit not as many as Great Britain, in that part of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.

And local "colored people" served in them, who were also awarded.
    This DKVM somehow ended up in Australia. I don't know anything else.

Edited by chechaco1

• 8 months later...