News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Parachute Regiment medal rolls

Can anyone help me to find a copy of the South Atlantic Medal (Falklands) roll for the Parachute Regiment and for any of the clasps for the General/Campaign Service Medals?

I have a number of printed rolls for the Royal Marines, including the SAM for Falklands, but have never come across any for the Para's.

Would appreciate any help.

Kind regards

James D.N.MacKenzie

Southern Africa Militaria

• 1 month later...

I am aware that printed rolls for the Royal Marine recipients of the South Atlantic Medal plus the NGS bars Near East and Arabian Peninsula / GSM 62 bars Borneo, Malay Peninsula and (I think) South Arabia are around. However these have not officially been released and must have been 'leaked' somehow. The NGS (RM) roll for Near East was actually issued as a booklet by Jade Publications quite a few years ago. However the NGS roll for Palestine 1936-39 is still not yet in the National Archives (even though the equivalent Army Medal Roll - GSM is there).

So I doubt the SAM rolls for the Parachute Regiment have been formally released yet and won't be for quite a few years.

The only relatively recent rolls that I am aware of are those for merchant navy recipients - this includes the SAM roll.

It can be found on-line at the Maritime and Coast Guard Agency website - www.dft.gov.uk/mca

Open up a new window and go to the site, then type Medals in the search box

Click on the entry 'Register of Seaman and Shipping'

Then click on 'List of post war medals issued'

A spread sheet can be opened up which covers medal recipients from Palestine 1945-48 to the Falklands and GSM bar Gulf

Edited by Odin Mk 3

Hi Mervyn

Hope you are well.

I was hopeful, after seeing the Royal Marine rolls for the Southern Africa Medal, that I would be able to get the rolls for the Para Regt as well.

Kind regards

James D.N.MacKenzie

Southern Africa Militaria

I am betting releasing the Marine roll was an illegal move by someone :-(

• 6 years later...