Second line of case inner lid "Godet" inscription suggests Mecklenburg. Cross inset format suggets House Order of the Wendish Crown (Hausorden der Wendischen Krone). Various sources list Godet as a supplier of this Order's insignia.

If these indica correct, monogram may be that of one of the Adolf Friedrichs [V for 1904-14 or VI for 1914-1918] of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

Edited by 922F

Many thanks for the already useful information!

The box dimensions are 70x100 mm

The order's dimensions are 45x65 mm

It looks like a large Officer's or a small Commander's box.

The inside ribbon that you see in the photo is a Redeemer's ribbon. I found the box with a Redeemer's Cross inside, obviously the wrong order...

I am still thinking if I will give it away or keep it.

Very nice case! Congratulations.

Second line of case inner lid "Godet" inscription suggests Mecklenburg. Cross inset format suggets House Order of the Wendish Crown (Hausorden der Wendischen Krone). Various sources list Godet as a supplier of this Order's insignia. If these indica correct, monogram may be that of one of the Adolf Friedrichs [V for 1904-14 or VI for 1914-1918] of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

This is not really related (I know) but here is an interesting receipt from Godet's shop in 1904 for the Mecklenburg-Strelitz Großkreuz des Ordens der Wendischen Krone with brilliants. Check out the customer name... does that mean the Grand Duke himself?

Edited by Streptile

Wow! Great document streptile!!! It would be nice to find his Order, too!

By the way, Godet has manufactured the Greek Cross of Valor in around 1920.

Do you happen to have any documents mentioning greek orders?

Happy New Year!

This is not really related (I know) but here is an interesting receipt from Godet's shop in 1904 for the Mecklenburg-Strelitz Großkreuz des Ordens der Wendischen Krone with brilliants. Check out the customer name... does that mean the Grand Duke himself?

Wow! Great document streptile!!! It would be nice to find his Order, too!

By the way, Godet has manufactured the Greek Cross of Valor in around 1920.

Do you happen to have any documents mentioning greek orders?

Happy New Year!

The receipt can be for his highness him selfs Grand Cross...

The box was for a Wendian Crown from Mecklenburg-Schwerin!

On top of the box you can find a FF for Friedrich Franz and not a AF for Adolf Friedrich...

Regards

Seeheld

Edited by seeheld

• 2 months later...

Sure, who else would have to pay for stuff like that?

:whistle:

Interesting find, thanks for showing!

Dear Collegues..

Its a long time I am trying to find out for which order is this case..

Finaly I think its a box for "hausorden der wendichen krone", made for austro-hungarian recipient (triangular ribbon)...

Is it possible?

Is it possible?

Everything is possible, but I find it very unlikely: An official award case would not be another if given to an A-H receipient, while a private purchase luxury case would probably have the awards and/or the awardee's name on the lid.

I think this is an award case, from one of the states that used a triangular ribbon.

Edited by saschaw