Thanks Andy. Who put this list together and what is their information source (if you know). This list in incomplete.

Best regards,

Chip

Edited by Chip

Hello Chip!

Yes I know, because I put the list together...

I read a few books (you know I have a couple of books...). The infos for the infantry I read in the coloured books from the Verlag Militaria and the rest I got from different books

Andy,

I'm not complaining about your list, but I just thought you might want to make it complete. It is very handy! Thanks!

Best regards,

Chip

In the GMIC Document Archive is a catalogue with the pictures: Uniformtafeln Deutscher Reich bis 1918

In the GMIC Document Archive is a catalogue with the pictures: Uniformtafeln Deutscher Reich bis 1918

Which ones go to 1918? I took a look at a few shoulder strap plates and they look like they are from the prewar era.

Here is a list, which explains, for what the cyphers stand for

Bedeutungen der Monogramme auf Schulterklappen.pdf

Neither link worked for me but there is this - http://www.grensland-docs.nl/brondocumenten/monograms-of-german-regiments-1914-1918/

This last link to the monograms of German regiments, while interesting and shows that someone went to a lot of trouble, is unfortunately, incomplete and has errors. I can't say, however, that I have seen any better one on the Net to this point.