News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Coldstream Guards tunic.

Hello there,

I doubt that this is a tunic to the Coldstream Guards, the Garter star on the collar is like nothing I have seen before and there should be embroidered rose emblems on the shoulder straps. The skirt ornamentation is similar and it obviously should have Coldstream buttons. I'm wondering if this is in fact a tunic with connections to the Canadian Guards Regiments?

Regards Simon

Does anyone have information about this tunic, it is very small and has general service buttons.

All the information will be greeted with thanks.

Does it have no labels, inside? In any event, a photo of the inside of the tunic would be most useful.

Hello there,

I doubt that this is a tunic to the Coldstream Guards, the Garter star on the collar is like nothing I have seen before and there should be embroidered rose emblems on the shoulder straps. The skirt ornamentation is similar and it obviously should have Coldstream buttons. I'm wondering if this is in fact a tunic with connections to the Canadian Guards Regiments?

Regards Simon

However, Simon, in its favour is the fact that the button holes are grouped in pairs. I believe that the Canadian Guards got their tunics from the Grenadiers. Perhaps our Canadian friends would like to comment?

Thanks to the links Chris posted to original threads by servicepub, I have to say I stand corrected - and Simon/Coldstream may well be right - the Canadian Governor General's Foot Guards do indeed have their buttons grouped in pairs and have an explicit link with the Coldstream Guards!

Edited by Trooper_D

• 4 years later...