News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

medal groupe for evaluation....

hello all,

thise groupe was offered to me and I need to make a offer (£$€!).

If anyone could help me out here, I would greatly appreciate.Because it isn't realy my collection field.

But because it is so comlpete and for who he was I am prepared to make a exception.

Thise groupe is very complete and comes in with the miniatures, patent letters and so on...

The owner used to be a diplomate during the '80 ties.

I have an idea about them all, only the last medal is still a misetery to me, so if that one could also be identifyed; much obliged!

med_li10.jpg

med_li11.jpg

med_li12.jpg

med_li13.jpg

med_li14.jpg

med_li15.jpg

med_li16..jpg

med_li17.jpg

med_li19.jpg

med_li20.jpg

And these are to a single recipient? :o And you can prove it with the paperwork? :o

I didn't think you could still find treasures like this! :jumping:

Did you win the lottery? This is worth a small fortune! Put aside the fact they're to the same person, they're all worth hundreds of $$$ each... Add to that the provenance and shear number of awards... DAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Oh man, that sucks :( hopefully its going to find a good home, not as awesome as yours my friend but what can you do :(

I don't know who baught it, just hopes the group stays together....

cheers

|<ris

Yes and yes!

;-)

I have his name. Willing to give it to you in private.

The guy was from a town called Lier, in Belgium.

And he had different functions, mainly as a diplomate.

The french order was given to him when he was a honour consul in the south of France(i think it was Nice....).

He as been director of the office of the ministery of foreign affairs at the end of his carreer.

cheers

|<ris

• 4 weeks later...

The seller "harvested" about 5000€ on this sale.

Best regards,

Jan

Sad to hear :(

I dont understand why people do this, just to lazy to find a collector who wants to keep this group together and would rather ruin history for a couple euros

Sad to hear :(

I dont understand why people do this, just to lazy to find a collector who wants to keep this group together and would rather ruin history for a couple euros

Even though I share your frustration that this group was split, I do not know of any collector who would have paid 5k for this group.

Even more so, since the historic value of this modern group is very limited. The only historic background resides in diplomatic goodwill exchange.

Best regards,

Jan