News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Group of British WWII medals

I opened this topic to get more information about the group of medals. For that reason your comments were interesting to read. I know something more about the group.

I consider the group as original and it will get a nice place in the collection. Thanks for your comment.

I agree that the group is quite possibly authentic. The Defence medal could be explained by a shore posting in Gibraltar or Ceylon, or South India, and while the Burma Star is perhaps scarcer than the Pacific to the Royal Navy, it is still quite possible. Here is the official word on sea service for the Burma Star:

41. Qualifying Sea Areas

The qualifying sea areas for the award of the Burma Star area the Bay of Bengal enclosed by a line running from the Southernmost point of Ceylon for a distance of 300 miles South thence to a point 300 miles West of the Southernmost point of Sumatra and continuing East to the western side of Sunda Strait. The Malacca Strait is included.

So Ceylon looks like a good bet.

Michael