News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dunkelblau shoulder straps - Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr.11

Just when I think I got this shoulder strap stuff to a point where I'm confident, something comes along to confuse me again.

So, here are two CDVs. Both taken in Thorn, Prussia. The garrison of Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr.11

The one with an artillery pickelhaube, is clearly...well...artillery. His strap is white with a "red" 11 - as expected.

Now the second guy, with the great mustache and cool glasses - his strap looks white with a "red" 11 - but his has piping around the edge. This has the date 1906 on the reverse.

I've looked at all the other "11" regiments; the only other one that is nearby is Dragoon Nr. 11 in Lyck (further east in Prussia). Except their strap is supposed to be "wine red" with a yellow 11.

So, Chip... what's up with the different straps for Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr.11?