News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Militärpass Artillerie 1866 and 1870/71 Feldzüge

It's not EK, Chris.

I guess it is "EK66" - Erinnerungskreuz für 1866 (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinnerungskreuz_f%C3%BCr_1866).

Great pass Irish Gunner, I have few similar on my website (http://www.imperialgermanmilitaria.com/index.php/photos/date/1870-1871/79-1870-71-militaerpass-documents )

Regards!

Marcin

Edited by Marcin L

That there was an era when Artillery was actually close enough to the front to probably deserve their EK ? :-) ...

.... (Did I get it right !?!?!?!?)

Every now and then, you post something clever... You should let your son post for you more often. :rolleyes:

Of course, if you had looked a little closer, you would have seen that Kanonier Buczek was even closer than you think... He was assigned to Ostpreussisches Feldartillerie Regiment Nr. 1, Infantrie Munitions Col. Nr. 2

Edited by IrishGunner

Ahhh... I think you nailed it... I did not think of that.....

Marcin, indeed, nailed it...

When I bought the Pass, I too at first thought it was an EK2; the scan on the auction wasn't too clear. I knew I needed this one in my artillery collection. The starting bid was very low and I was prepared for it to go up considerably before the end. So, I couldn't believe it when I won the Pass for Euro 16, including shipping to the US!

When it arrived, I realized it wasn't an "EK II"...but "EK 66 K"

A little research...

There are four Erinnerungskreuz für 1866:

Erinnerungskreuz Treuen Kriegern 1866

Erinnerungskreuz Main Armee 1866

Erinnerungskreuz Konigsgrätz 1866

Erinnerungskreuz Nichtkämpfer

Ostpreussisches Feldartillerie Regiment Nr. 1 Feldzug credit for 1866:

1866 gegen Österreich: (1. Fuss-Abtl. bei der 1. Inf.-Div., 3. bei der 2. ID, 2. und Reit. als Res. Art. I. Armeekorps; eine reit. Batt. bei der Res. Kav. Brig. dieses Korps) Treffen bei Trautenau, Schlacht bei Königsgrätz, Gefechte bei Tobitschau - Rockeinitz.

As FAR 1 was a East Prussia garrisoned regiment and these battles all are in what is now the Czech Republic, it makes sense that the "EK 66 K" is for the...

Erinnerungskreuz Konigsgrätz 1866

A nice addition to the medal that I already owned when I got the Pass...

Edited by IrishGunner