News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Croix de Guerre WW1 1919

aubagne98

Michael,

This has been a tale for many years. They MAY have existed, but if so they could only have been the initiative of some manufacturer of crosses.

Later awards of the Croix de Guerre were the Croix de guerre des Territoires d'Opérations Extetieures.

The OFFICIAL date combinations for the French 1914-1918 Croix de guerre were : 1914-1915 1914-1916 1914-1917 1914-1918, this last combination being the final and official reverse ever since the end of the War..

I hope this helps.

Veteran

• 8 years later...

tell me, please, what decrees on the reverse of the "tablets" of Military Crosses were set the dates 1916-1918? As far as I know, the cross was established as 1914-1915, and the extension of dates is not mentioned in the original decree

Hello, at 1916, a "circulaire" come to modifie the first decree, and in 1917, an other and in 1918 an other more. about 1943 exist the Guiraud war cross and in 1944 de Gaule spécifie that the only one model was the 1939 war cross.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 6/18/2022 at 7:49 PM, pat66 said:

Hello, at 1916, a "circulaire" come to modifie the first decree, and in 1917, an other and in 1918 an other more. about 1943 exist the Guiraud war cross and in 1944 de Gaule spécifie that the only one model was the 1939 war cross.

good day! is it possible to see these circulars on the Internet, are they published?