News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And this ones for Paul...... :P

Leutnant, Reserve Medical - the first pair I have ever seen.

Gary,

You got those at the SOS didn't you. I saw them but the guy was away from his table. Went back and they were gone. Glad they found a good home.

Garth

Hi Garth,

David and I stopped by your table a few times to see you but you were wondering the show. I had hoped to meet you. Perhaps next show.

Yes these were SOS purchases. I was quite happy to find them as I had never seen any before. You had some nice shoulder boards at your table.

Gary B

I have never seen the GFM Boards before! Nice! What are the batons made of?

Paul, these are the aluminum batons....and a larger size at that, most likely intended for use on the overcoat boards though they were used on tunic boards as well. Here's a detail shot.

Very nice detail on such a small clasp! I was figuring that it had to be another metal other than silver!

:beer:

By the way, of additional interest to you Luft insignia collectors, I now have quite an extensive grouping of original Luft Generals insignia examples posted up on my site; http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/

There are updates to all the Luft Generals pages (GFM, Luft Generals Rank Overview and Additional Luft Generals Insignia examples). A tip of the hat to several other Luft collectors (who donated examples) and happen to have the same General Officer affliction that I do!