News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It is possible that this is your man... Heinrich/Harry... and Germans sometimes pick whichever of their names they like...

Jürgen Detlev Landschoff, Lotse,
    Heinrich Lange, Obermaschinist,
    Louis Albert Hans Langerhannsz, Kapitän,
    Fritz Lass, Ingenieur, Maschineninspektor der Deutschen Levante Linie und
    der Dampfschiffs-Reederei Union,
    Charles Peter Heinrich Andreas Lübcke, Beamter der Deutschen Seewarte,früher Kapitän,
    Mattin Lüders, früher Kapitän, in Glückstadt,
    Heinrich Lüttmann, Ingenieur,

http://ahnenforschung-bildet.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20507&p=71062

Hello dante,

in the Rangliste der kaiserlich deutschen Marine from 1918

I was able to find two Lübcke

one is a Stabsarzt he an normal IC and a MMV 2 from Mecklenburg an no Landwehrdienstauszeichnung 1. Class

The other one is Kapitänleutnant der Seewehr 1. Aufgebots Lübcke at this time he only is listed with LD 1

Regards

Andreas

Interesting medal bar, the unofficial commemorative medal is especially nice! Strange that he had no other decoration, I would´ve at least expected a Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe or maybe (I say maybe!) a Kronen-Orden IV. Klasse!

Harry Lübcke is listed in the 1912-1913 Landwehrbezirk Hamburg Rang-Liste as a captain in the Hamburg-Amerika Linie with seniority as a Kapitänleutnant der Seewehr of 22.8.07 and living at Arndtstraße 21. The Naval Ehrenrangliste has him in the Dutch East Indies at the outbreak of war where he was placed at the disposal of the consulate in Batavia. It appears he spent a spell in the clink there on account of activities against the neutrality of his hosts!

Regards
    Glenn

• 1 year later...