News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don - as you will know there are always hundreds of different commemorative badges being sold for each public

occasion. Presumably, this was made to be given to Customers as a memento - unusual with his full details.

The slim alternative , is that if the Coronation procession went down Fleet Street, that he was selling window spaces

for people to view the procession. With a badge he could see who had paid in advance ? Mervyn

Hi Mervyn, I did a google search on coronation badges after I got this one. You are absolutely correct that there are dozens of designs. I like the detail in the design and it is made of aluminum. The other thing that struck me is when you have a change of leadership like this there is usually a lot of hope and optimism. It is hard to imagine that catastrophe was right around the corner.