News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Officer's Jägertschako - your opinion

Dear forumites,

I'd like to hear your comments on this tschako; I have already an opinion on this headgear, but I'd like to see if you find what's wrong with this tschako.

Thank you very much in advance for all your most appreciated input.

Best regards,

There are indeed a few differences... but what's wrong?

- The chinstrap is sitting to low (maybe it's a replacement?).

- The helmetplate seems to be positioned to high

- The helmetplate isn't leveled right and therefore one of the (side) crowns is on the edge of the leather top.

- The diamonds in the shield of the reserve cross are pointing down to the left, but normally they point down to the right.

- The reserve cross is rather wide.

- There are no vent holes.

These aren't necessarily real problems in my opinion, but more like variations. The only thing I really don't like is the chinstrap that sits to low. I certainly would check for double holes and try to reposition the helmetplate. When it's impossible to improve that, it would also be a problem for me.

I hope this can be of some help to you...

Adler 1

Thanks Chris for the images, thank you Adler1 for your comment... I think your first officer's tschako has a correct front emblem plate (model to fit tschakos, a bit smaller and better designed). The second and mine are just plain infantry emblem plates, a bit bigger.

I don't know if vent holes must necessarly be on it, but I would prefer so, if we speak of officer's tschakos: maybe in earlier examples they come without? Hard to believe that... furthermore, my next questions, when were such tschakos emblem plates introduced? Doesn't look a bit too new my tschako interior if it was an earlier model without side vent holes?

C