News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bsap support unit items

mickey

hi all one of my brothers served with the bsap support unit during the 70s and on his leave visits to south Africa always brought down some bits and pieces with him including this uniform I have the trousers and badged shirt as well it has the blackened belt as worn by the unit my question is more about the chest webbing it has the fereday and sons camping fishing shooting, manica rd Salisbury label on the reverse 4 fn/r1 mag pouches and 2 grenade pouches I have an idea about the value of Rhodesian uniforms but have found it difficult to value the webbing just havent seen an original one sold until recently which sold for over $500 us just wondered if any members have an idea

Mickey this is a nice set of Rhodesian camo - and with it's webbing , cap and rank insignia - I would think a

fairly unusual piece to come on the market . There has definetly been a lessening of interest in Rhodesian items -

I think mainly due to the elapsed period of time , and also, that people have forgotten the conflict. However, having

said that - there are always collectors looking for good pieces. I would certainly include this as being sought after, so

your idea of $500 sounds quite possible. The question is - were you quoting in US $ or, NZ $ - a difference ? Mervn

With so many exRhodesians scattered around the World , I think the present drop in prices will soon be

forgotten and people who sold will regret this. The more unusual items will obviously the ones to recover

more quickly. I have a group coming up at City Auctions (Capetown) in May/June and this was a Ch.Supt./

Asst. Comm. in the BSAP - who had his LS&GC as a Ch. Insp. and has the GS Rhodes head medal. Full set

of Rank badges and insignia and his Father's medals from WW2 - he was with SA 6th Armoured and was

seriously wounded. So, I am hoping prices recover. Mervyn