Hi Chris you mean the M87's ? yea from not having one 8months ago now I've a few only one (from Brian L.) has the hanging hook though, I like em they don't go for much mate lets keep it that way folks! :unsure:

Eric

Very nice and all very well, but you cannot beat a wedgewood porcelain if you need a really good cup of tea!

However for my education what is the standard sop kit list for a German soldier's "eating" arrangements? Could you photo Eric a set x one for what the chap would have in the field?

If not too much trouble,

Mark

Mark,

I think you pretty much have it in that photo of Eric's. All you got was a mess kit, a spork, a cup and canteen. A salt bag was issued as well as a coffee tin. That was about it. Everything else came via meals-on-wheels or iron rations.

Chip

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the number Chip only thing I've found is a Axis Forum thread from 10yrs ago no pics unfortunately. I wonder what they used for a handle maybe something akin to the '87 cool kit I like the backpack also.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Further to my post 11aug '14 I found picture of another round job ''top' can anyone id the maker? also on a French forum 2007 they are listed as an Artillery kit? I can't find mine maybe I through the puppy out, dam it.

Eric

post-13296-0-19121800-1407796361.jpg

$_57 (8).jpg

The name is "Bumgardt". Can you read the factory town location? It looks like the last part of it is "a.RH." (am Rhein).

Personally, I've never heard of a "cavalry" model mess kit. There's nothing mentioned in Kraus, if that makes any difference. The Brits had a separate cavalry pattern mess kit. Perhaps that is what the Frenchies were thinking of? This round one would certainly not fit into a standard cavalry Kockgeschirrtasche.

Chip

• 2 weeks later...

Chip

courtesy of the French forum (I hope I don't get in trouble borrowing the picture), a relic bottom I may have seen something in a colour lithrograph image pre 1900 but don't remember completely, on a gun crew wearing zelt's ala bandoleer.

Eric

43w2pgk.jpg

• 1 month later...

Boiler controversy. I've had an email from a gent the 1887 was complete oval. They didn't have a concave back until the pattern 1893 is this correct?

Eric