News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

St. Anne 3rd Class with Swords - Opinions Pls

censlenov

Hello

Just picked up this "Antique Victorian Religious Medal" off eBay. The order looks good to my eye but i know very little about such things.

I will say the suspension loop appears to be hallmarked and the suspension ring as well although all i can make out is a 6. The also appears to be 2 hallmarks on the revers top and bottom arm which i have a hard time making out. I'll work on getting some nice close ups posted soon.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Chris

This is from an non-expert on St. Anne's but I'll try my best to notice some things and then an expert can confirm or deny these observations.

It looks ok on the front except the swords seem a bit harsher than usual, but the reverse is pretty harsh in the soldering and attachment of the swords. If you can get those close ups it would be useful :)

Could you get a picture of the loop (where the 56 hallmark should be not the larger loop that attaches the order to the ribbon), it looks like it cracked or came apart in the middle.

From the color on the pictures it appears almost bronze gilt in the tone of color. I think it could very well be a Bronze Gilt Anne. It shows a lot of similarities to these pieces.

Edited by Rogi